Current students, faculty and staff at SPU may obtain the latest version of Microsoft Office for Windows and Macs through the Office 365 Program. There is no additional cost and the download is a complete installation (not a web app) of the software. More information about this program may be found on the Office 365 Program FAQs.
Accessing and Installing Office through Office 365
- Go to SPU Webmail and log in with your personal SPU Username and Password.
- Select the grid/waffle icon at the top left next to where it says Outlook and click Office 365.
- Select Install Office -> Office 365 Apps
- A file will be downloaded and when it is complete, you will need to run the file to install the Office Suite.
- A window will appear that states Welcome to your new Office. which can guide you through user instructions, while Microsoft Office installs in the background.
- You can check the status of the install by clicking on the Logo in the taskbar.
Note: Publisher and Access are only available for Windows.