The Global Address List (GAL) hosts all SPU Email addresses. If the address book in Outlook isn't showing new users or showing updated information, the program on your computer may not have updated its copy of the GAL. To update the GAL manually, follow the steps below.
Information populated in the GAL is pulled directly from Banner. If a phone number or Office Location is out-of-date, employees should contact Human Resources at 206-281-2809.
- Select the Send/Receive tab in the upper left corner of Outlook.
- Click on the Send/Receive Groups drop down menu, then Download Address Book...
- The Offline Address Book window will appear. Make sure the following options are selected:
- uncheck the Download changes since last Send/Receive option
- Make sure the \Offline Global Address List is selected from the Choose address book drop down menu
- The most recent version of the Global Address List will be downloaded from the Exchange server. You may see a status window indicating the download's progress, it will automatically disappear when completed.
- Close Outlook when the download has finished. Re-open Outlook and log in; the Global Address List should now contain the most recent information.
Outlook 2011 for Mac does not use Exchange Cached mode and directly connects to the Global Address Book (GAL) via LDAP connection. This means that you don't have to manually download the GAL.