For students who wish to leave SPU and don’t plan to return, the complete withdrawal should be pursued. You must submit a Withdrawing From the University form through your Banner account in order to notify the appropriate departments. You are responsible for notifying the Office of the Registrar (OTR) and other university departments of your plans (e.g., Housing, SFS, etc.). The date this notice is received will determine the amount of refund where applicable. The Withdrawing From the University form can be accessed using the instructions below.
- Go to Banner > Student Menu > Registration and Class Schedules Menu > Complete Withdrawal from SPU
If you’re not registered for the quarter, fill out the Withdrawing from the University form through your Banner account.
If you’re already registered for the quarter, first drop your classes and then submit the Withdrawing from the University form.
After the tenth day of the quarter, you won’t be able to drop your classes online, but you can still drop your classes and withdraw from SPU by filling out the withdrawal form through your Banner account.
IMPORTANT POLICIES FOR WITHDRAWING
- If a student fails to withdraw through the Office of the Registrar by the Last Day to Drop, as stated in the Academic Calendar, the student will receive the grade earned.
- Students can drop all their classes online through Banner up until 11:59 pm on the tenth day of an academic quarter, but will still need to submit out the Withdrawing from the University form.
- Refunds and adjustments to the student’s account are governed by the financial policies listed in the Costs and Financial Aid section.
- To be eligible for a refund of parking fees, the student must inform the Office of Safety and Security. Parking refunds are calculated in accordance with the tuition-refund policy.