Graduate Student Resources

This page will provide a general overview of the resources for School of Education students outside of this Graduate Student Wiki

Graduate Student Resource Hub

The Graduate Student Resource Hub is your portal to finding the offices and services you need to succeed as a graduate student at Seattle Pacific University. This includes academic support services, career resources, student services, and wellness services. 

Computer Information Systems (IT for SPU)

The Computer Information Systems Department is SPU's information technology department. They have an extensive knowledge base and also specific information for New Students. The helpdesk can can assist if you run into issues accessing your technology resources. 

Printing on campus

Students have access to public Multi-Function Printers (MFP's) around SPU's campus. Students can print via their personal computers or library computers and all students have a print credit each quarter. You can use your SPU ID card to print from any public MFP around Campus. Please see Student Printing on the CIS website for additional information.

Student Software

Currently matriculated (degree-seeking) students are eligible for software that is free (including Microsoft Office and SPSS) or offered at a reduced cost. Please see the Student Software Installation page for more information. 

School of Education Specific Resources 

School of Education Website

The School of Education website provides information on all our degree and certification programs.

Financing your Graduate Education

Financing your Graduate Education website is a collection of resources to assist in finding scholarships and loans. From here students can access the SOE scholarship (open from February to June) and Graduate Assistanceship if positions are available. You can find more information on the Scholarships, Additional Funding, and Graduate Assistantships wiki page.

Continuing Education 

The Continuing Education Department works closely with the School of Education to provide support for our Alternative Routes to Certification Program and also supports teachers who would like to add a program + test endorsement. SPU offers the following add on endorsements: ELL and Bilingual, Reading, Special Education, Elementary Education, Library Media, and Health and Fitness.

The Peterson Post Newsletter

The Peterson Post Newsletter is sent out once per quarter to all registered undergraduate and graduate students via SPU email. The Newsletter provides pertinent information regarding upcoming classes, comprehensive exam dates, information on applying to graduate, and updates from various programs. If you miss the email, please contact Kristi Kanehen.

Contact Us

The Contact Us page has a list of staff members in the School of Education and our various roles.  

Additional Departments

Student Financial Services (SFS)

Student Financial Services will have general information regarding tuition fees, payment, due dates and will provide you access to an SFS counselor. 

The Student Financial Services website also has a wealth of information about financial aid, and tuition costs. Please refer to this website first before contacting their office. General questions regarding financial aid may be sent to or (206)281-2061. In all correspondence with Student Financial Services (SFS), please include your Student ID. For additional contact information please go to the SFS Contact page. Students are assigned SFS counselors based on their last name. 

Office of the Registrar (OTR)

The Office of the Registrar (OTR) Student Resources wiki page has information on a variety of resources including Forms for Students (Independent Study forms, Registration Petition forms, etc.) and information regarding ordering Transcripts.

Center for Career and Calling 

Resources for current graduate students website has a variety of online resources (Vocational Discernment Tools, Career and Industry Information, Tips for getting hired, etc.) , Center for Career and Calling events, ways to become a mentor for undergraduates, and more. 

Student Counseling Center

While the university's counseling center does not provide services to graduate students, you do have access to a few resources.

Visit the resources and referrals webpage provided by the Student Counseling Center for a list of apps, organizations, and local therapists with a specific focus on any number of concerns (ADHD, COVID, depression, trauma, etc). 

The Counseling Center also has information on how to find a local counselor

Disability Support Services

The University provides a variety of services for eligible students with disabilities. Any student with a documented physical, medical, psychological, or learning disability can schedule an intake interview with a staff person to determine the level of accommodation needed. Please see the Disability Support Services website for more information and to schedule an appointment. 

International Student Resources

Seattle Pacific University's office of International Student Services provides support for students with their non-immigrant status including visa concerns, Curricular Practical Training (CPT), and Optional Practical Training (OPT) authorization, cultural adjustment, and general support. Essential information for new students can also be found on their webpage. Additional Tips and Resources for International Students in the US from the APA Division 17 International Section (ICP)

Non-Discrimination and Title IX Policy

Please reference Seattle Pacific University's Non-Discrimination Policy page for questions on SPU's non-discriminations and Title IX policy.