Sharing of Information
Information we gather may also be shared with campus constituents to improve programs, outreach, and other campus initiatives. Additionally, some information may be shared with vendors to conduct communications on behalf of the university related to these activities. However, we will not rent or sell your data to third-parties for their use in direct marketing or advertising, or for the promotion of their products and services, without your consent.
Use of Your Information
Unless there are restrictions on SPU’s use of your PII or unless SPU tells you otherwise, SPU (or third parties engaged by SPU) may use your PII for purposes that include the following:
- Administering your participation in SPU websites;
- Communicating information SPU thinks may be of interest to you;
- Fulfilling your requests for services or materials;
- Contacting you;
- Conducting research or surveys;
- Responding to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process;
- Establishing or exercising SPU’s legal rights or defending against legal claims;
- Fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide PII or NPI;
- Providing you with notices about any registration or subscription including confirmation, expiration, and renewal notices;
- Carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- Any other purpose with your consent.
Protection of Information
SPU has measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information that is under our control. However, security of information cannot be guaranteed. SPU does not insure or warrant the security of information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk.
If you have questions about this policy or want to report a violation of policy, please email email@example.com.