New Student Advising

All new undergraduate students must complete the New Student Advising (NSA) process to register for their first quarter at SPU.  If you’re a newly admitted student, you’ll receive an email or postcard with instructions. You can visit the Office of Academic Counseling for more information.

Post-baccalaureate students work directly with faculty advisors. If this describes you, at admission, you’ll be assigned to a faculty advisor in your major. The Office of the Registrar will send you an email with your advisor assignment and instructions.

Students who previously attended SPU, and have been readmitted after an absence of four or more quarters, should work directly with an academic counselor to re-enroll. Visit the Office of Academic Counseling to determine your counselor’s name and contact information.

Graduate and Doctoral Students work directly with their program coordinators.